Reasons why I believe the Bible is the Word of God…
- IT’S REASONABLE TO BELIEVE THAT.
- If the Bible isn’t God’s record of His will, then what book is it?
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
- If a just God has a plan for the lives of His creation, then He is obligated to give them a record of His will. And God has done that in the Bible.
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.” James 1:22-25
- If God being a just God, and desires for us to be part of His plan, then it is reasonable for us to believe that He would leave a record of His will in a book…the Bible!
- ITS AMAZING UNITY.
- The Bible is a miracle. It is made up of 66 Books. Written by over 40 different authors. They wrote over a period of 1500 years. They wrote on 3 continents. And they wrote in 3 different languages. And yet, when you put all of their writings together, they tell ONE story, and it becomes ONE Book!
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- All the men who wrote the Bible could not write what they wrote without it conflicting with what others wrote, unless they were guided by the Holy Spirit.
- ITS COMPLETENESS.
- You can’t find any other book that deals with as many subjects, with authority, and brings them out in a simple way? It would take tons of paper to write about creation alone.
- The Bible tackles vast subjects like angels and where they came from and what they do. It tells of satan and his personality and a hint to where he came from. It is a book morals and ethics. The Bible talks about the holiness of God and the sinfulness of man. The coming Messiah and the plan of redemption. No other book can do that, only the Bible. It’s complete!
- ITS CONSTANT APPEAL.
- This Book refuses to get old. It is constantly renewed in its youth. It is always fresh and always relevant. The Bible answers the questions to life in every age in history. Poor and rich alike can find the answers to life. And no other book can do that!
- All different kinds of people like the Bible. It appeals to kings and commoners. To sinners and saints. To the educated and the uneducated. And it’s the only book that appeals to children and senior citizens and every age group in between.
- The Bible appeals to all races. Each race reads the Bible and, in their minds and hearts, they see Jesus belonging to them.
- It’s the only Book that can be translated in every language that we know of.
- There is no sameness in the Bible. No matter how many times you read the Bible, it always brings out something new.
“Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!” Romans 11:33
- If you can’t get people to believe what the Bible has in it, then challenge them to believe the Bible for what in not in it! During the 1500 years the Bible was written, there was a lot of superstitions and false teachings and none of it got into the Bible.
- It breaks all the laws of a best seller. A best seller hits on a topic that is hot and after a while it begins to fade out of the picture. But, the Bible on the other hand refuses to get old and it is always fresh and relevant.
- The only explanation for this is found in 2 Peter 1:21, “ For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.” That word “carried along” in the original language means “controlled by.” The writers were controlled by the Holy Spirit and they wrote the Word of God.
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.” Matthew 24:35
- ITS TRANSFORMING POWER.
- Does the Bible have the power to change lives? Does the Bible have the power to brighten your day? The answer is YES!!!!!
- There isn’t any other book that can transform your life for the better than the Bible.
- The writer of Hebrews denotes the difference between the Bible and any other book. Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
- The transforming power of the Bible always leads us to the message of a Savior…Jesus Christ!!!
“Then he said to them, ‘These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.’” Luke 24:44
- His name “Jesus” was not found in the Law of Moses the Prophets and the Psalms, but many of His other names were. They always pointed towards a Savior…a Messiah!