- REMOVE THE STUMBLING BLOCKS TO YOUR MINISTRY
“We put no obstacle in anyone’s way, so that no fault may be found with our
- CHANGE YOUR PRAYERS TO ENDURANCE PRAYERS.
“…but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance…”
- EXPECT PEOPLE TO HURT YOU.
4 passages where Paul lists his sufferings in ministry. (2 Cor. 4:8-12; 6:3-10; 2 Cor.
11:23-29; 1 Cor. 4:9-13)
“…in afflictions, hardships, calamities, 5 beatings, imprisonments, riots…” (vss. 4b-5a)
(Acts 13:50; 16:19; 18:13; 19:29)
- BE WILLING TO SACRIFICE FOR THE SOULS OF THE PEOPLE GOD GIVES
“…labors, sleepless nights, hunger; 6 by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness…” (vss.
“For you remember, brothers, our labor and toil: we worked night and day, that we might
not be a burden to any of you, while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God.” 1
Thessalonians 2:9 (ESV)
For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we
were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s bread without paying for it, but with toil and
labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you.” 2
Thessalonians 3:8 (ESV)
- LET YOUR MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION BE GUIDED BY POWER, NOT
“…the Holy Spirit, genuine love; 7 by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the
weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; 8 through honor and
dishonor, through slander and praise.” (vss. 6b-8a)
- KEEP GOD’S PERSPECTIVE FOR YOUR LIFE
“We are treated as impostors, and yet are true; 9 as unknown, and yet well known; as
dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and yet not killed; 10 as sorrowful, yet always
rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything.”
- LIVE WITH OTHER BELIEVERS WITH AN OPEN HEART.
11 “We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians; our heart is wide open. 12 You are not
restricted by us, but you are restricted in your own affections. 13 In return (I speak as to
children) widen your hearts also.” (vss. 11-13)
- Where in your life could be a “stumbling block” that could hurt your ministry?
- What are you sacrificing for the advancement of the Gospel?
- How are you living (or not living) in the Power of God in your ministry?
- How do you live with an open heart around other believers?