Houston we have a problem.Rom. 7:15;18-19
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a]For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
- We only go as far as we think. 4:23“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”
Galatians 3:10For all who relyon the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”
“No man knows how bad he is until he has tried very hard to be good.”- C. S. Lewis.
- Dead men don’t fight.John 1:6-9If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
It’s about direction not perfection.
Even a dead trout can float downstream.
- Stop looking inside yourself for the answer. 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of ourfaith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
“Do not seek to understand in order to believe, but believe in order to understand.”- Augustine
Lift off. Getting from Romans 7 to Romans 8
Bring your fears into the light. 2 Spiritual laws.
- Understand your identity. 8:1-2Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set youfree from the law of sin and death.
Dare to believe what God says about you to be true.
- Understand what’s at stake. 8:12-13Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have. an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
Walking requires willful, deliberate intent.
What do you desire and follow after?
John. 6:37All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.(Promise!)
- Understand your destiny. Rom. 8:17Now if we are children, then we are heirs, heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ.
Make the connection! If you’re a child you’re an heir!
THIS WEEKS FAITH CHALLENGE
- I will commit to believe what God says about me.
- I will commit to tear down spiritual barriers in my life.