“My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times” Psalm 119:20
6 WAYS TO INTEGRATE GOD’S WORD INTO YOUR LIFE
(The keys are the SIX VERSES we’ve memorized)
- BUILDON IT! – Build my life on the Bible!
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who build his house on the rock” Matthew 7:24
4 Unreliable Foundations for your life:
- POPULAR CULTURE– Truth by Popularity: “Everyone is doing it!”
“Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong.” Exodus 23:2
- TRADITION– “We’ve always done it that way!”
(Jesus) “You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”Mark 7:8
- REASON– Rely on my own intellect. “It sound logical!
“There is a way that appearsto be right, but in the end it leads to death.” Proverbs 16:25
- EMOTION “Feels right, so must be right” “I do what I feel”
“At that time there was no king inIsrael. People did whatever they felt likedoing.” Judges 21:25 (MSG)
HOLLYWOODS FORMULA FOR RELATIONSHIPS
- Find the right person.
- Fall in love.
- Fix your hopes and dreams on this person for your future fulfillment.
- If Failureoccurs, repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.
GOD’S PRESCRIPTION FOR RELATIONSHIPS
- Become the right person.
- Walk in love.
- Fix your hope on God and seek to please Him through this relationship.
- If Failure occurs, repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.
- FEED ON IT!
“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly…” Colossians 3:16
- I can RECEIVE ITwith my ears. (listen)
- I can READ ITwith my eyes!
- I can RESEARCH ITwith my hands & mouth (study)
- I can REFLECT ON ITwith my mind
- I can REMEMBER ITwith my heart
- LIVE BY IT!
“I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11
- Overcome temptation
- Confidence in witnessing
- Victory over worry
- Strengthen prayer life
- Prevent depression
- Useful in counseling others
- GROW THROUGH IT
“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.” Psalm 119:18
PARABLE OF THE 4 SOILS (Luke 8:4-15)
“A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up.” Luke 8:5
“Those along thefootpath are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes along and takes away the word from their hearts, so they cannot believe and be saved.” Luke 8:12
- The hardened soil = a closed mind
Action: I must cultivate an open mind
“Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. This seed began to grow, but soon it withered and died for lack of moisture.” Luke 8:6
“The rocky soil represents those who hear the message with joy. But like young plants in such soil, their roots don’t go very deep. They believe for a while, but they wilt when the hot winds of testing blow.” Luke 8:13
- The shallow soil = a superficial mind
Action: I must make time for God’s Word!
Other seed fell in the weeds; the weeds grew with it and strangled it.” Luke 8:7
The seed that fell among weeds stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way, they are choked by life’s worries, riches, and pleasures, and they don’t mature.” Luke 8:14
- The soil with weeds = a preoccupied mind
Action: I must eliminate the distractions
“The seeds that fell in good soil stand for those who hear the message and retain it in a good and obedient heart, and they persist until they bear fruit.” Luke 8:15
- The good soil = a willing mind
Action: Cooperate with what it says!
- ACT ON IT!
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22
Picture it! Visualize the scene in your mind
Pronounce it! Emphasize each word aloud
Paraphrase it! Write it down in your own words
Personalize it! Put your name in the verse
Probe it! Ask the S.P.A.C.E.P.E.T.S. questions
Pray it! Pray the verse back to God
- TRUST IN IT!
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105
FAITH CHALLENGE THIS WEEK
- Commit to stay in your Small Group Study
- Commit to stay in the Word daily.
- Sign your 40 Days in the Word Covenant
- Have a party!
- Memorize Psalm 119:105